UK: Wm Grant rolls out Three Barrels promo push in UK
William Grant & Sons has launched a marketing campaign and packaging update for its Three Barrels Rare Old French Brandy in the UK.
First Drinks Brands, the brand's UK distributor, confirmed late last week that the campaign will interact with "both loyal users and aim to attract new drinkers and will be launched through a programme of direct mail, PR and in-store promotions".
The campaign will see around 55,000 brandy consumers receiving a personal message from the master blender, Bertrand Auriol incorporating a competition to become the Three Barrels brand ambassador in the UK. A new website, www.three-barrels.com, offering information on the range and production methods has also been developed as part of the campaign.
"The new packaging reinforces the brand's French heritage and authenticity and is designed to strengthen consumer appeal to drive trial and awareness by creating strong stand out on shelf," said Harriet Knight, brand manager for Three Barrels at First Drinks Brands.
"Whilst Three Barrels is by far the biggest player in the brandy market, it is vital that we retain our emotional connection with consumers and we're confident that an integrated approach meets these needs."
William Grant & Sons has sold its non-proprietary wine portfolio in the US to Total Beverage Solution....
William Grant & Sons has launched an addition to its Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies range....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a move for Glenmorangie's Glen Moray Distillery....
William Grant & Sons US has appointed Sam Simmons as the "first-ever" Balvenie brand ambassador....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018