US: Wm Grant prepares Reyka vodka advertising
William Grant & Sons has lined up an advertising push for its Reyka vodka brand.
The promotion marks the company's first above-the-line advertising spend, William Grant said yesterday (5 June). The three internet adverts, which feature Icelandic singer Hafdis Huld, will run in the US, UK and Iceland throughout June and July.
The GBP1m (US$1.99m) spend will feature static and interactive banner ads on sites including gawker.com, thrillist.com and wonkette.com, as well as on-line competitions to win a trip to Iceland and a new website, at www.reyka.com. The campaign targets opinion-forming 25-35 year olds and high frequency web-users.
"We wanted to create a series of ads that really communicated Reyka Vodka's heritage as an intrinsically Icelandic product and to do this successfully we needed to work with Icelandic actors and script writers," said Elwyn Gladstone, Reyka Vodka's brand director. "People are getting fed up with pretentious vodka advertising - its time for someone to have a little fun with it. Reyka's eco-friendly production, supremely high quality, and 'hand-made' credentials give us the license to have a bit of fun. Iceland has huge relevancy to our target consumers and we wanted to give them the 'Reyka' view on what Iceland is."
The adverts will be supported by an integrated PR and marketing plan which includes the release of a limited edition bottle, on which eight Icelandic images will appear on the neck of the bottle from August.
There may be many facets to a winning marketing mix, but a strong brand name that captures the consumer's imagination is clearly fundamental. Patience Gould looks at some notable hits and misses to ge...
Constellation's US$885m purchase of Fortune Brands' wine portfolio further adds to the acquisitive US company's impressive line-up. Chris Losh believes the deal makes perfect sense for Constellation, ...
Sula Selections, the import arm of Sula Vineyards, has launched Asahi Super Dry beer in the Indian market....
The European Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development has warned the region's vodka producers that there will be "no nit-picking" over pending definition laws....
Brown-Forman has reported a healthy lift in operatng profit for its third quarter, thanks in part to its purchase of Casa Herrdura....
Anheuser-Busch has launched a new vodka brand through its Long Tail Libations spirits arm across the US....
Khoday India Limited (KIL) is on an aggressive expansion drive with plans to launch a raft of new liquor brands, investing over US$250m over the next two years....
V&S Group's Absolut vodka brand has already exceeded last year's annual production records....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts