US: WJ Deutsch & Sons becomes Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
WJ Deutsch & Sons has changed its name in a move designed to “reflect its values, business model and expansion into the spirits category”.
The New York-based wine and spirits marketer said yesterday (7 May) that it will henceforth be known as Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits. The name change has taken immediate effect.
“We have always been a family-owned company that has focused on partnering with other family-owned companies,” said company chairman Bill Deutsch. “This philosophy of families working with families continues to be our guiding principle and we want our company name to better reflect this belief.”
Bill Deutsch founded the company in 1981. Among the brands that Deustch Family Wine & Spirits represents in the US are Casella Wine's Yellow Tail and Georges Duboeuf's Beaujolais wine brands, as well as the Lady Cognac and Luksusowa vodka spirits brands.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role