US: WJ Deutsch & Sons becomes Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
WJ Deutsch & Sons has changed its name in a move designed to “reflect its values, business model and expansion into the spirits category”.
The New York-based wine and spirits marketer said yesterday (7 May) that it will henceforth be known as Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits. The name change has taken immediate effect.
“We have always been a family-owned company that has focused on partnering with other family-owned companies,” said company chairman Bill Deutsch. “This philosophy of families working with families continues to be our guiding principle and we want our company name to better reflect this belief.”
Bill Deutsch founded the company in 1981. Among the brands that Deustch Family Wine & Spirits represents in the US are Casella Wine's Yellow Tail and Georges Duboeuf's Beaujolais wine brands, as well as the Lady Cognac and Luksusowa vodka spirits brands.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future