US: WJ Deutsch & Sons becomes Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
WJ Deutsch & Sons has changed its name in a move designed to “reflect its values, business model and expansion into the spirits category”.
The New York-based wine and spirits marketer said yesterday (7 May) that it will henceforth be known as Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits. The name change has taken immediate effect.
“We have always been a family-owned company that has focused on partnering with other family-owned companies,” said company chairman Bill Deutsch. “This philosophy of families working with families continues to be our guiding principle and we want our company name to better reflect this belief.”
Bill Deutsch founded the company in 1981. Among the brands that Deustch Family Wine & Spirits represents in the US are Casella Wine's Yellow Tail and Georges Duboeuf's Beaujolais wine brands, as well as the Lady Cognac and Luksusowa vodka spirits brands.
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- US craft beer to hit saturation soon - Koch
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends