UK: Wiseman Milk Profits Down
The falling price of milk has cut the profits of Scotland's biggest dairy company, Robert Wiseman. The East-Kilbride-based firm has announced profits for the year to 1 April down from £19.4m to £17.9m, following a difficult second six months. Turnover rose from £257.2m to £286.7m. The fall is being attributed to Wiseman having to cut by an average of 7% the price at which it sells its milk. However, chairman Alan Wiseman said the group was confident of its strategy and long-term future and believed profits would recover in the forthcoming year. During the results period, Wiseman was the target of a three-month Competition Commission inquiry into its position in the milk market in Scotland.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research