US: Wirtz teams with McLane to take Missouri Beverage stake
Wirtz is taking a stake in Missouri Beverage through a JV
Wirtz Beverage Group has joined forces with food supply firm McLane in a bid to take an unspecified stake in distributor Missouri Beverage.
The Chicago-based drinks wholesaler said yesterday (25 April) it has formed a joint-venture with McLane, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to take a share in St Louis-based Missouri. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close next month, were not disclosed.
Bill Reichhardt, president of Missouri Beverage, which distributes spirits, wines, beers, juices and soda across the state, branded the deal a "game-changer". He added: “Our new partners provide unprecedented insight and industry acumen that will be critical to expanding our service and operations."
Wirtz last week announced a new national management structure, as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Scottish leader speaks out over Scotch whisky
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk