US: Wirtz teams with McLane to take Missouri Beverage stake
Wirtz is taking a stake in Missouri Beverage through a JV
Wirtz Beverage Group has joined forces with food supply firm McLane in a bid to take an unspecified stake in distributor Missouri Beverage.
The Chicago-based drinks wholesaler said yesterday (25 April) it has formed a joint-venture with McLane, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to take a share in St Louis-based Missouri. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close next month, were not disclosed.
Bill Reichhardt, president of Missouri Beverage, which distributes spirits, wines, beers, juices and soda across the state, branded the deal a "game-changer". He added: “Our new partners provide unprecedented insight and industry acumen that will be critical to expanding our service and operations."
Wirtz last week announced a new national management structure, as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report