US: Wirtz teams with McLane to take Missouri Beverage stake
Wirtz is taking a stake in Missouri Beverage through a JV
Wirtz Beverage Group has joined forces with food supply firm McLane in a bid to take an unspecified stake in distributor Missouri Beverage.
The Chicago-based drinks wholesaler said yesterday (25 April) it has formed a joint-venture with McLane, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to take a share in St Louis-based Missouri. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close next month, were not disclosed.
Bill Reichhardt, president of Missouri Beverage, which distributes spirits, wines, beers, juices and soda across the state, branded the deal a "game-changer". He added: “Our new partners provide unprecedented insight and industry acumen that will be critical to expanding our service and operations."
Wirtz last week announced a new national management structure, as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research