US: Wirtz teams with McLane to take Missouri Beverage stake
Wirtz is taking a stake in Missouri Beverage through a JV
Wirtz Beverage Group has joined forces with food supply firm McLane in a bid to take an unspecified stake in distributor Missouri Beverage.
The Chicago-based drinks wholesaler said yesterday (25 April) it has formed a joint-venture with McLane, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to take a share in St Louis-based Missouri. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close next month, were not disclosed.
Bill Reichhardt, president of Missouri Beverage, which distributes spirits, wines, beers, juices and soda across the state, branded the deal a "game-changer". He added: “Our new partners provide unprecedented insight and industry acumen that will be critical to expanding our service and operations."
Wirtz last week announced a new national management structure, as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015