US: Wirtz teams with McLane to take Missouri Beverage stake
Wirtz is taking a stake in Missouri Beverage through a JV
Wirtz Beverage Group has joined forces with food supply firm McLane in a bid to take an unspecified stake in distributor Missouri Beverage.
The Chicago-based drinks wholesaler said yesterday (25 April) it has formed a joint-venture with McLane, a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, to take a share in St Louis-based Missouri. Terms of the deal, which is expected to close next month, were not disclosed.
Bill Reichhardt, president of Missouri Beverage, which distributes spirits, wines, beers, juices and soda across the state, branded the deal a "game-changer". He added: “Our new partners provide unprecedented insight and industry acumen that will be critical to expanding our service and operations."
Wirtz last week announced a new national management structure, as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research