US: Wirtz Beverage lines up Ale Asylum for Illinois launch
Wirtz has upped its focus on craft beer
Wirtz Beverage is to distribute brands from Wisconsin craft brewer Ale Asylum throughout Illinois.
The deal, which starts next month, will mark the first time Ale Asylum has stepped outside its home state market, Wirtz Beverage's Illinois unit said yesterday (6 January). Four brands will be available in Illinois, including Ale Asylum's 5.8% flagship pale ale Hopalicious and the 6.8% abv amber ale Ambergeddon.
Wirtz Beverage Illinois will also distribute Madtown Nutbrown, a 5.5% abv nutbrown ale, and the 7.5% abv Belgian-style Bedlam! IPA.
The distribution deal follows other agreements Wirtz has made with US craft brewers as it ups its focus on the sub-sector. In June, its Nevada unit struck deals with Rogue Brewery, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Sierra Blanca and Santa Fe, while last January Wirtz signed a deal with Greenbush Brewing Company to launch its craft beer portfolio across Illinois.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015