US: Wirtz Beverage Illinois agrees Greenbush distribution deal
Wirtz sees potential in craft beer
Wirtz Beverage Illinois is to launch Greenbush Brewing Company's portfolio across Illinois as the Chicago distributor continues to up its craft beer footprint.
The deal, effective from next month, will give Michigan's Greenbush Illinois-wide coverage for the first time, Wirtz said yesterday (28 January). Distribution will initially focus on Chicago's on-trade before expanding deeper into the state, the company said.
Greenbush is based in Sawyer, with brands including Anger, Dunegras and Closure.
In October, Wirtz unveiled the first offerings from its craft beer portfolio, featuring four brands from Oregon's Deschutes Brewery.
Wirtz senior VP Julian Burzynski said yesterday there is a “huge market for craft beer”.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL