US: Wirtz Beverage Group ups craft beer focus
Wirtz is boosting its presence in craft beer
Wirtz Beverage has taken on the distribution of a host of new craft beer brands in Nevada as it up its focus on the sub-sector.
The distributor's Nevada division has struck deals with Rogue Brewery, Ballast Point, Green Flash, Sierra Blanca and Santa Fe, it said late last week. Three new craft "specialists" have also joined the group to bolster its concentration on the segment, it said.
The three new staff are Michael Shetler, Jack Kramer and head draft technician Joseph Morandi.
“We see incredible opportunity in the craft business so we forward invest behind great brands and with the right specialisation,” said Kevin Roberts, Wirtz Beverage Nevada's senior VP. “With our continued expansion into the category, our footprint is expected to grow exponentially."
In April, the group announced a national management restructure.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?