US: Wirtz Beverage Group appoints strategy team
The Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed a leadership team for its national portfolio of wine, spirit and beer distributorships.
The team, which will direct around 3,000 employees and US$1.5bn in annual sales, will be headed by Rockwell Wirtz, the company said today (6 August).
Also in the team will be Ed Callison as senior vice president, and Ken Fredrickson, Glen Hoch, Don Pydo and Danny Wirtz, who have all been named vice presidents of the organisation.
Located in new company headquarters in Chicago, the leadership team will assist Wirtz Beverage's affiliates in Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nevada and Wisconsin.
"Wirtz Beverage Group will allow the Wirtz Beverage distributors to achieve industry leading growth with many of the world's top luxury and premium spirit, wine and beer suppliers," said Wirtz.
The new team will focus on managing the company's strategic vision, to become the 'leading luxury and premium beverage alcohol wholesaler by 2012', the company said.
"Unifying our company-wide operations under one roof gives our customers and suppliers a more consistent infrastructure, drawing on improved operational efficiencies in technology and innovation," added Wirtz.
Julian Burzynski has also been appointed senior vice president and general manager of Judge & Dolph, a company Wirtz Beverage recently formed a partnership with.
It is now more than a year and a half since Troy Christensen took the helm at Constellation Europe, the European division of the world's biggest wine company. Given the current state of the European m...
Tax hikes have taken centre stage in discussions between the alcohol industry and several national and state governments around the world over the last year. Michelle Russell reports on a global trend...
Fifty three French winemakers accused of illegally enhancing their Beaujolais wines with sugar are facing EUR500 to EUR7,000 in fines....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, is the message from the UK's chief medical officer....
Last year's duty tax hikes have been "devastating" for the UK pub and beer sector, the head of Fuller, Smith & Turner has said, amid a 1% slip in beer volumes during the first 43 weeks of its fiscal y...
Sovio Wines will go to the UK High Court next month to challenge a Food Standard Agency (FSA) ruling that banned its reduced alcohol wine....
Children aged under 15 should never be given alcohol, the UK's chief medical officer said today (29 January)....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research