US: Wirtz appoints senior managers
Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed David Scott as general manager of wine for Wirtz Beverage Nevada and David Duncan as director of sales, wines for Wirtz Beverage Minnesota.
Previously, Scott was general manager of the Micro Cru fine wine division in Nevada. Scott's career has included management positions at retailers and wineries including Terlato Wine Group and Italian wine importer Vino Bravo.
Duncan, most recently a sales executive at Delicato Family Vineyards, will work with suppliers and retailers to drive account growth and procurement in the wine division across the state of Minnesota, the company said yesterday (25 September).
Previously, Duncan worked at Beam Wine Estates developing and executing strategies for on- and off-premise channels throughout the Midwest region. Duncan's 20 years in the wine industry also includes roles at Palm Bay Imports and Republic Beverage Co.
"Wirtz Beverage continues to build our fine wine expertise," said Ken Fredrickson, vice president of wine marketing and sales for Wirtz Beverage Group. "Scott's knowledge and expertise of the Nevada market, and Duncan's extensive supplier-side experience will pay immediate dividends in helping to build wine teams and portfolios that capitalise on trends in the market."
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends