US: Wirtz appoints senior managers
Wirtz Beverage Group has appointed David Scott as general manager of wine for Wirtz Beverage Nevada and David Duncan as director of sales, wines for Wirtz Beverage Minnesota.
Previously, Scott was general manager of the Micro Cru fine wine division in Nevada. Scott's career has included management positions at retailers and wineries including Terlato Wine Group and Italian wine importer Vino Bravo.
Duncan, most recently a sales executive at Delicato Family Vineyards, will work with suppliers and retailers to drive account growth and procurement in the wine division across the state of Minnesota, the company said yesterday (25 September).
Previously, Duncan worked at Beam Wine Estates developing and executing strategies for on- and off-premise channels throughout the Midwest region. Duncan's 20 years in the wine industry also includes roles at Palm Bay Imports and Republic Beverage Co.
"Wirtz Beverage continues to build our fine wine expertise," said Ken Fredrickson, vice president of wine marketing and sales for Wirtz Beverage Group. "Scott's knowledge and expertise of the Nevada market, and Duncan's extensive supplier-side experience will pay immediate dividends in helping to build wine teams and portfolios that capitalise on trends in the market."
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets