SOUTH AFRICA: WineWays.com bites the dust
What appeared to be one of South Africa's most promising dotcom wine experiments has failed, draining the region of SAR20m along the way. WineWays started out as the flagship division of the Converge Group, operating as a "click and mortar" operation. Besides its dotcom site, it also operated an ultra-modern wine centre near Stellenbosch, where it had hoped to attract a portion of the millions of visitors to the Cape's winelands each year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down