USA: WineTasting.com Pilot Site Launched
WineTasting.com announced today the pilot launch featuring 25 leading California wineries, with nine more scheduled for implementation by the end of August. A digital marketplace of online tasting rooms, WineTasting.com is revolutionizing online wine sales by enabling wineries to sell directly to consumers from their own web sites. WineTasting.com gives wineries what other online retailers do not: a way of providing their best customers with access to their most exclusive wines and an e-commerce solution for wineries lacking the right technology and fulfillment system. It is especially valuable to small wineries without a physical tasting room. One of the country's most respected wineries, Chateau Montelena, has met with early success on WineTasting.com. "Our customers have been asking for convenient, online ordering, direct from our tasting room. WineTasting.com has enabled us to stay close to our customers -- without the need to travel to Calistoga," said Greg Ralston, director of Sales, Marketing & Administration at Chateau Montelena. "WineTasting.com is a one-stop solution for our customers and for Chateau Montelena. In the first 90 days, the response from our customers has been great." Rather than reselling wine purchased from wholesalers and retailers, WineTasting.com provides wineries with e-commerce tools at one-tenth the cost of developing a proprietary web site. This Application Service Provider business model allows wineries to sell wine at retail prices, manage their consumer relationships, and control their brand identity online. In addition, the company provides deep expertise in compliant fulfillment services, a legacy strength from the company's Ambrosia wine unit. Currently, WineTasting.com provides fulfillment services to 50 wineries. "It is hard to believe that we are selling wine at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets