USA: WineTasting.com Pilot Site Launched
WineTasting.com announced today the pilot launch featuring 25 leading California wineries, with nine more scheduled for implementation by the end of August. A digital marketplace of online tasting rooms, WineTasting.com is revolutionizing online wine sales by enabling wineries to sell directly to consumers from their own web sites. WineTasting.com gives wineries what other online retailers do not: a way of providing their best customers with access to their most exclusive wines and an e-commerce solution for wineries lacking the right technology and fulfillment system. It is especially valuable to small wineries without a physical tasting room. One of the country's most respected wineries, Chateau Montelena, has met with early success on WineTasting.com. "Our customers have been asking for convenient, online ordering, direct from our tasting room. WineTasting.com has enabled us to stay close to our customers -- without the need to travel to Calistoga," said Greg Ralston, director of Sales, Marketing & Administration at Chateau Montelena. "WineTasting.com is a one-stop solution for our customers and for Chateau Montelena. In the first 90 days, the response from our customers has been great." Rather than reselling wine purchased from wholesalers and retailers, WineTasting.com provides wineries with e-commerce tools at one-tenth the cost of developing a proprietary web site. This Application Service Provider business model allows wineries to sell wine at retail prices, manage their consumer relationships, and control their brand identity online. In addition, the company provides deep expertise in compliant fulfillment services, a legacy strength from the company's Ambrosia wine unit. Currently, WineTasting.com provides fulfillment services to 50 wineries. "It is hard to believe that we are selling wine at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report