USA: WineTasting.com Pilot Site Launched
WineTasting.com announced today the pilot launch featuring 25 leading California wineries, with nine more scheduled for implementation by the end of August. A digital marketplace of online tasting rooms, WineTasting.com is revolutionizing online wine sales by enabling wineries to sell directly to consumers from their own web sites. WineTasting.com gives wineries what other online retailers do not: a way of providing their best customers with access to their most exclusive wines and an e-commerce solution for wineries lacking the right technology and fulfillment system. It is especially valuable to small wineries without a physical tasting room. One of the country's most respected wineries, Chateau Montelena, has met with early success on WineTasting.com. "Our customers have been asking for convenient, online ordering, direct from our tasting room. WineTasting.com has enabled us to stay close to our customers -- without the need to travel to Calistoga," said Greg Ralston, director of Sales, Marketing & Administration at Chateau Montelena. "WineTasting.com is a one-stop solution for our customers and for Chateau Montelena. In the first 90 days, the response from our customers has been great." Rather than reselling wine purchased from wholesalers and retailers, WineTasting.com provides wineries with e-commerce tools at one-tenth the cost of developing a proprietary web site. This Application Service Provider business model allows wineries to sell wine at retail prices, manage their consumer relationships, and control their brand identity online. In addition, the company provides deep expertise in compliant fulfillment services, a legacy strength from the company's Ambrosia wine unit. Currently, WineTasting.com provides fulfillment services to 50 wineries. "It is hard to believe that we are selling wine at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future