USA: WineShopper.com Launches Site in California
WineShopper.com, the San Francisco- and Napa-based Internet start-up that intends to offer consumers access to the largest selection of wines available anywhere, today announced the opening of its site to California consumers, and disclosed that Amazon.com will serve as its strategic partner. "Today is a historic day in the evolution of WineShopper.com," said Peter Sisson, founder and CEO. "We begin with California consumers - 18 percent of the nation's wine-consuming public -- who are now able to access more than 1,400 wines, including the most popular wines in distribution, as well as rare wines previously available only at winery tasting rooms. We are well on our way to realizing our vision of becoming the first national, branded source for wine." "Today is also a milestone for our company because we are proud and excited to announce that Amazon.com, the world's leading e-commerce retailer, is our strategic partner," said Sisson. "Amazon.com will help introduce its customers to the new shopping experience at WineShopper.com." Amazon.com Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos said, "Amazon.com strives to be the leading e-commerce destination where consumers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. One of the ways we can achieve this is by joining with companies like WineShopper.com who are determined to provide the best possible customer experience." With a cheerful, punchy look-and-feel and an unintimidating, easy-to-use interface, the WineShopper.com Web site targets the convergence of the power of the Internet and the estimated $100 billion global market for wine. It offers consumers content on a broad selection of wines that is unrivaled in scope and depth, along with advanced search functions, category browsing, and many cleverly merchandized specials.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends