USA: WineShopper.com Launches Site in California
WineShopper.com, the San Francisco- and Napa-based Internet start-up that intends to offer consumers access to the largest selection of wines available anywhere, today announced the opening of its site to California consumers, and disclosed that Amazon.com will serve as its strategic partner. "Today is a historic day in the evolution of WineShopper.com," said Peter Sisson, founder and CEO. "We begin with California consumers - 18 percent of the nation's wine-consuming public -- who are now able to access more than 1,400 wines, including the most popular wines in distribution, as well as rare wines previously available only at winery tasting rooms. We are well on our way to realizing our vision of becoming the first national, branded source for wine." "Today is also a milestone for our company because we are proud and excited to announce that Amazon.com, the world's leading e-commerce retailer, is our strategic partner," said Sisson. "Amazon.com will help introduce its customers to the new shopping experience at WineShopper.com." Amazon.com Founder and CEO Jeff Bezos said, "Amazon.com strives to be the leading e-commerce destination where consumers can find and discover anything they want to buy online. One of the ways we can achieve this is by joining with companies like WineShopper.com who are determined to provide the best possible customer experience." With a cheerful, punchy look-and-feel and an unintimidating, easy-to-use interface, the WineShopper.com Web site targets the convergence of the power of the Internet and the estimated $100 billion global market for wine. It offers consumers content on a broad selection of wines that is unrivaled in scope and depth, along with advanced search functions, category browsing, and many cleverly merchandized specials.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends