GLOBAL: Wines of South Africa renames European 'Mega Tasting'
Wines of South Africa has renamed its biennial 'Mega Tasting' event, which will now be known as 'Cape Wine Europe'.
The change, announced today (16 May), will “align” the trade event, held in London, more closely with 'Cape Wine', the biennial exhibition for South Africa's wine producers, held in Cape Town.
“Cape Wine in South Africa is the Southern Hemisphere's most successful professional wine show and has become a highlight on the international calendar amongst both the trade and media internationally,” said WoSA's CEO, Su Birch. “The Mega Tasting is also a ‘must attend’ event in Europe and it, therefore, makes complete sense to align The Mega Tasting with Cape Wine and re-name the event Cape Wine Europe.”
This year, 'Cape Wine Europe' will be held on 11 and 12 October at Earl's Court.
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends