GLOBAL: Wines of South Africa renames European 'Mega Tasting'
Wines of South Africa has renamed its biennial 'Mega Tasting' event, which will now be known as 'Cape Wine Europe'.
The change, announced today (16 May), will “align” the trade event, held in London, more closely with 'Cape Wine', the biennial exhibition for South Africa's wine producers, held in Cape Town.
“Cape Wine in South Africa is the Southern Hemisphere's most successful professional wine show and has become a highlight on the international calendar amongst both the trade and media internationally,” said WoSA's CEO, Su Birch. “The Mega Tasting is also a ‘must attend’ event in Europe and it, therefore, makes complete sense to align The Mega Tasting with Cape Wine and re-name the event Cape Wine Europe.”
This year, 'Cape Wine Europe' will be held on 11 and 12 October at Earl's Court.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research