US: Wines of Germany tours US markets
Wines of Germany and the European Union have embarked on a nationwide tour of the US to promote Riesling wines in the country.
Fine wines from Germany as well as Riesling from Alsace and Austria will be showcased on the Destination Riesling: Riesling & Co. 2008 Tour, which commenced in San Francisco, Monday, 12 May. The tour continued Tuesday in Chicago, and ends in New York City on Thursday.
"We are delighted with the results of the 2007 vintage, and excited to promote world-class wines at our 2008 Riesling & Co. events," said Monika Reule, managing director, Deutsches Weininstitut in Mainz, Germany. "The excellent quality of the wines, coupled with the above average yields of the year is encouraging, and we anticipate that the press and trade will share our excitement after tasting the wines."
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat