USA: Wines of France Offered at UCR Extension Center in Temecula
A class that provides basic knowledge of French wines and helps participants understand differences between geographic labeling and varietals labeling in the United States is scheduled this fall at the UCR Extension Center in Temecula, Calif., 27919 Jefferson St. Comprehensive information on the major viticulture areas including Bordeaux, Burgundy, the Loire Valley, Alsace, Champagne, the Rhone Valley and Languedoc-Rousillon is provided. Participants will take a virtual tour of the French countryside exploring the appellations of each region. Gerry Hillier, professionally associated with wine and food for more than 10 years and a member of the Society of Wine Educators, will teach the two-day class, which meets on Saturday, Oct. 21, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 22, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. The course fee is $189 with an additional materials fee of $75 payable to the instructor at the first meeting. For more information about the course, call Jennifer Campbell at 909/787-5804 or e-mail:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller