ARGENTINA: Wines of Argentina MD quits
The managing director of Wines of Argentina has resigned after less than a year in the position.
Fernando Farré's resignation was announced today (11 August) in an open letter to Wines of Argentina members. The letter cited "family matters" for the decision.
"Fernando Farré, motivated by family matters, is no longer able to settle down in the city of Mendoza, where the main office of our organisation is located," the letter, signed by the trade organisation's president, Susana Balbo, detailed.
Balbo credited Farré with making valuable contributions to the opening of offices in Mendoza and London, recruiting a UK director for the organisation and the implementation of generic advertising campaigns in the US and Brazil.
"Let's wish Fernando the best for the next steps of his professional career," the letter concluded.
Farré, who had previously spent eight years with L'Oréal both in Argentina and abroad, took up the position in September last year. He was initially based in Buenos Aires but was expected to relocate to Mendoza in the heart of the country's wine-making region, once the office was set up earlier this year.
"I am grateful for the opportunity of working together," Farré told the members of Wines of Argentina. "The organisation is going through a transformation stage, within the context of export growth and highly competitive markets. Argentine viticulture needs to consolidate its position in the world, and I am sure that all of you will contribute to this purpose."
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018