UK: Wines of Argentina director to step down
The head of Wines of Argentina in the UK has confirmed his decision to stand down.
James Forbes, who assumed the position in June 2006, said today (27 July) that he will be leaving the position of UK director for the generic body at the end of September, at the conclusion of his three-year contract.
Forbes will continue to work with Wines of Argentina in Europe on a consultant basis.
"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the board of Wines of Argentina for giving me such a privileged and prestigious role in the world of wine," said Forbes.
"I feel that our work together over the last three years has put Argentina into its strongest position ever in the UK market and it has been a real pleasure to be involved with such fantastic people."
After Forbes' departure, the Mendoza office of Wines of Argentina will take charge of all UK affairs under the direction of the body's president, Susana Balbo, while day-to-day management will be handled by UK manager Andrew Maidment.
Wines of Argentina will hold its annual UK tasting in London on 15 September.
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
- Comment - The Race Downhill for Treasury
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Cognac FY sales slide as China troubles bite
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018
- Indian state moves towards alcohol ban