UK: Wines of Argentina director to step down
The head of Wines of Argentina in the UK has confirmed his decision to stand down.
James Forbes, who assumed the position in June 2006, said today (27 July) that he will be leaving the position of UK director for the generic body at the end of September, at the conclusion of his three-year contract.
Forbes will continue to work with Wines of Argentina in Europe on a consultant basis.
"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the board of Wines of Argentina for giving me such a privileged and prestigious role in the world of wine," said Forbes.
"I feel that our work together over the last three years has put Argentina into its strongest position ever in the UK market and it has been a real pleasure to be involved with such fantastic people."
After Forbes' departure, the Mendoza office of Wines of Argentina will take charge of all UK affairs under the direction of the body's president, Susana Balbo, while day-to-day management will be handled by UK manager Andrew Maidment.
Wines of Argentina will hold its annual UK tasting in London on 15 September.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World