AUS: Winery explosion leaves two dead
An explosion at a winery in Australia has led to the deaths of two men this week.
Trevor Drayton and one other man, thought to be a welder, were killed when an explosion rocked the family-owned Drayton's Winery in Hunter Valley yesterday (17 January). The blast, which demolished 20m of brick wall at the property, is believed to have been triggered by the igniting of ethanol gas during a welding operation.
A third person was taken to hospital by air from the facility, at Pokolbin in New South Wales, suffering from burns to 80% of their body.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research