CHILE: Wineries protest at power station project
Chilean wineries are protesting at a proposal by energy company, AES Gener, to site a power generator in the Cachapoal Valley. Some 10% of Chile#;s wine exporters have vineyards in the Cachapoal Valley, and the valley accounts for 20% to 25% of all Chil';s $600m annual wine exports. An estimated 95% of all French investment in Chilean wine is located in the Cachapoal Valley, which is one of Chile#;s prestige growing areas. Wines from the Valley can reach per case prices of $80 in comparison to the national average of $24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence