CHILE: Wineries protest at power station project
Chilean wineries are protesting at a proposal by energy company, AES Gener, to site a power generator in the Cachapoal Valley. Some 10% of Chile#;s wine exporters have vineyards in the Cachapoal Valley, and the valley accounts for 20% to 25% of all Chil';s $600m annual wine exports. An estimated 95% of all French investment in Chilean wine is located in the Cachapoal Valley, which is one of Chile#;s prestige growing areas. Wines from the Valley can reach per case prices of $80 in comparison to the national average of $24.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director