FRANCE: Winemakers face fines in sugar scandal
During the trial this week, most of the winemakers admitted using extra sugar to boost their wine's alcohol level above the legally authorised two degrees. The fines will depend on how much extra sugar was used.
"The fines for the producers are correct, but I hope the tribunal will consider the very bad weather during the 2004 vintage and give suspended fines," Michel Desilets, lawyer for 41 of the producers, told just-drinks today (30 January). Suspended fines are paid only if the law is broken again
The trial has been adjourned until 17 March, 2009.
Sweden assumed the Presidency of the EU at the beginning of this month. With the country's history of control and high taxation of alcohol, the industry is expecting a tough six months. However, Ben C...
Following this week's news that Kirin Holdings and Suntory are in merger talks, just-drinks has compiled five essential facts on the Japanese beer market....
The Chinese soft drinks sector has been showing consistent growth for a number of years, fuelled by broadening consumer tastes. Ray Rowlands of beverage research company Canadean takes a look at a lar...
As drinks companies look desperately for the elusive 'green shoots' of economic recovery, Spiros Malandrakis of Euromonitor International examines the varying impact the downturn has had across region...
Estonia-based spirits company AS Liviko has increased its sales and market share in the Estonian alcohol market, boosted by successful imports....
Kilchoman Distillery has lined up the launch of its inaugural single malt Scotch whisky for later this year....
California beer and wine distributor Terrell Wines is to begin distributing Argentinean BarbaRoja's Barrel-Aged Red Ale into the San Francisco and Los Angeles markets....
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the appointment of a new head for its operations in Switzerland....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends