NZ: Winegrowers of Ara goes with Eurowine in New Zealand
Winegrowers of Ara has lined up Eurowine Ltd as its distributor in its home market of New Zealand.
The Marlborough-based company, which was formed in 2001, said yesterday (30 March) that Eurowine will handle the distribution of its portfolio across the country with immediate effect.
Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
"This agreement is a step-change for Ara as a market-led business," said Sue Henderson, Winegrowers of Ara's commercial director. "Eurowine will help us to generate real sales presence in New Zealand by ensuring that Ara wines become widely available through fine wine outlets and restaurants across the country."
Brett Newell, managing director of Eurowine, added: "The inclusion of privately New Zealand owned & developed Ara in the Eurowine portfolio adds strength to our carefully developed offering to both the on- and off- trade.
"Eurowine is in its 20th year as a completely independent distributor and it is gratifying to be able to announce such a prestigious new addition to our portfolio."
Ara had previously handled its own sales in New Zealand directly. Eurowine will expand Ara's reach into national distribution through New Zealand including Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin & Queenstown.
Earlier this year, DGB Europe became the UK agent for Ara's wines in the country's on- and off-trade.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets