USA: Wine.Com Selects SiteSmith to Manage Major Website and Corporate Network Upgrade
SiteSmith Inc., a leading Internet site operations company, announced today that it has been selected by wine.com to manage all aspects of the successful website and corporate network upgrade for improved performance and scalability. Working with wine.com as an extension of the company's existing IT department, SiteSmith's technical team can draw on the expertise of more than 200 SiteSmith technical experts as it manages dozens of vendors and service providers to quickly create wine.com's robust network. The creation of the custom-built wine.com site will have greater scalability and performance, which is required to keep pace with the company's continually expanding offerings and rocketing number of new and repeat customers. The new network consolidates wine.com's disparate systems at a single location for easier management, better control and lower costs. "By working with SiteSmith we're able to augment our IT department to fit the job without unnecessarily hiring additional internal staff. SiteSmith provides the highest level of outsourced Internet site operations that we need to ensure smooth data migration and optimize site performance," said Bill Newlands, president and CEO of wine.com. "wine.com has quickly emerged as a national brand, and as such, understands that to continue its incredible growth, it must rapidly scale its website for the future," said Marv Tseu, CEO of SiteSmith. "We, at SiteSmith, are extremely excited about this opportunity, which involves development of not only the e-commerce portion of the new site, but also a new corporate website and intranet."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends