USA: Wine.Com Selects SiteSmith to Manage Major Website and Corporate Network Upgrade
SiteSmith Inc., a leading Internet site operations company, announced today that it has been selected by wine.com to manage all aspects of the successful website and corporate network upgrade for improved performance and scalability. Working with wine.com as an extension of the company's existing IT department, SiteSmith's technical team can draw on the expertise of more than 200 SiteSmith technical experts as it manages dozens of vendors and service providers to quickly create wine.com's robust network. The creation of the custom-built wine.com site will have greater scalability and performance, which is required to keep pace with the company's continually expanding offerings and rocketing number of new and repeat customers. The new network consolidates wine.com's disparate systems at a single location for easier management, better control and lower costs. "By working with SiteSmith we're able to augment our IT department to fit the job without unnecessarily hiring additional internal staff. SiteSmith provides the highest level of outsourced Internet site operations that we need to ensure smooth data migration and optimize site performance," said Bill Newlands, president and CEO of wine.com. "wine.com has quickly emerged as a national brand, and as such, understands that to continue its incredible growth, it must rapidly scale its website for the future," said Marv Tseu, CEO of SiteSmith. "We, at SiteSmith, are extremely excited about this opportunity, which involves development of not only the e-commerce portion of the new site, but also a new corporate website and intranet."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018