US: Wine.com expands exec team
US online wine retailer Wine.com has boosted its executive team with the appointment of a CMO and a technical VP.
Peter Elarde has joined the San Francisco-based group as chief marketing officer, while Greg Tatem takes up the role of engineering VP, the company announced yesterday (18 February). Elarde, who joins from web image publishing service Shutterfly, will oversee marketing, corporate sales, product management, and user experience.
Tatem, whose previous role was with kitchen goods retail firm Williams-Sonoma, will lead platform architecture, engineering design and development, and internet operations, the company said.
“Wine.com is profitable, growing, hiring and innovating," said Rich Bergsund, CEO of the company, which is majority-owned by private equity group Baker Capital. "Peter and Greg are bringing new energy and talent to our management team, and will be instrumental as we continue building Wine.com into a great company, great brand, and an exciting place to work."
Last July, Bergsund spoke out to deny rumours that the company was struggling and being sold by its owners. He said the group is "always for sale" due to being owned by private equity.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research