USA: Wine.Com Announces Alliance With Della.Com
Della.com is the first Web site to bring together gift registries of the nation's leading companies in one convenient location. As della.com's exclusive wine e-commerce partner, wine.com has made its hand-selected, pre-tasted wines available for registry and purchase on della.com's weddings page. By partnering with della.com, wine.com is included among a short list of well-established, popular national retailers featured on the site, such as Crate & Barrel and Restoration Hardware.
"Della.com's online gift registry is an effective marketing tool that will allow us to leverage the power of e-commerce and extend the reach of the wine.com brand," said Bill Newlands, president and CEO of wine.com. "Every year in the U.S., 2.5 million couples become engaged, and wedding registries generate $17 billion in revenue. Wine.com now offers della.com's customers easy, one-stop access to wine.com's selection of superior wines from around the world."
Founded in 1994, wine.com was the first wine merchant on the Web and a pioneer in electronic commerce. The company's portal site, www.wine.com, offers an ever-growing selection of wines from around the world and wine-related gifts and accessories to customers worldwide. The company makes wine buying easy and fun with detailed wine information, its proprietary wine tasting chart and expert advice from its professional wine team, which includes two Master Sommeliers and a Master of Wine. Each wine offered on the site is tasted and selected by wine.com's experts and is 100% guaranteed. The "Featured Wineries" area of the site highlights exclusive wines from such leading wine brands as Niebaum-Coppola, Kendall-Jackson, Sterling Vineyards, and Domaine Chandon. Wine.com is able to ship wine through a legally compliant network of wholesalers and retailers to more than 90% of the United States, as well as Asia and Europe. Wine.com is privately held and headquartered in Napa with an office in Fremont, Calif.
Jim Beam bourbon has become the latest high profile spirits brand in the US to challenge a faltering voluntary ban on TV advertising. David Robertson asks how long it will be before the major networks...
Rising costs have seen Redhook Ale Brewery report a third quarter net loss of US$170,000, compared to a net income of US$312,000 in the same period last year....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has reported a fall in third quarter after-tax income as it continued to faced problems in the UK and Brazil....
Wild Turkey is launching a new premium bourbon developed exclusively for DFS....
Brown-Forman is to acquire the whole of Australian distributor Swift and Moore Pty Limited. The US wine and spirits group already owns 50% of the business with Pernod Ricard holding the other 50% foll...
Laphroaig has launched what it believes to be the world's first and only quarter cask matured single malt, for its Laphroaig Single Malt Scotch Whisky brand....
Jim Beam has launched its first-ever national television campaign....
The Jim Beam Company has launched an interactive, on-line educational Web site for enthusiasts, retailers, distributors and bartenders....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research