USA: Winebusiness.com Selects EC Cubed to Create Wine Industry's Most Advanced B2B eMarketplace
"Unlike off-the-shelf solutions, EC Cubed's build-to-order component-based software platform can be continually adapted to meet the unique needs of the wine industry," said Richard Shell, CEO and founder of Winebusiness.com. "Our market changes constantly with new technology, evolving demands and the seasonal and year-to-year fluctuations of any agriculture-based industry," he said. "EC Cubed is the perfect match for us because it can provide an eMarketplace with built-in flexibility."
Winebusiness.com's primary goal is the construction of an eMarketplace that will be familiar to people throughout the wine industry while greatly simplifying their transactions. "An online marketplace solution is a tremendous development in the wine industry, where the logistics of production, procurement and delivery are extremely complex and time-sensitive," said Shell.
"Winebusiness.com is building an eMarketplace to meet the unique demands of the wine industry. They wanted far more than a packaged application could provide," said Mike Teeters, senior vice president of sales and marketing at EC Cubed. "Our dynamic approach to building eMarketplaces will provide Winebusiness.com with the precise functionality they need in less time and at lower cost than a packaged solution. In addition, it will enable us to rapidly evolve their eMarketplace to respond to their changing business needs."
About EC Cubed
EC Cubed builds, evolves and manages unique eMarketplace solutions for Global 2000 and dot-com organizations. By fusing software, services and ASP delivery, EC Cubed's ecMarketplace provides a comprehensive solution that includes an extensible, component-based software platform, high-speed assembly and customization services and around-the-clock application management. The unique combination of these three core competencies enables EC Cubed's customers such as TPN Register, American Express and GE Capital to realize unparalleled efficiencies in the development, delivery and continued evolution of their eMarketplace initiatives.
Founded in 1992 as a trade publication, Winebusiness.com is already acknowledged as the leading source of worldwide wine industry news and information. Today, Winebusiness.com is the only wine industry B2B portal to merge its formidable publishing experience with the benefits and efficiencies of a virtual private marketplace. With the development of an exclusive series of essential tools and information, Winebusiness.com is poised not only to enrich the financial success of the global wine industry, but also to become the wine world's foremost portal for international content and market analysis. Winebusiness.com is headquartered in Sonoma, California, with offices in San Francisco.
EC Cubed is a registered trademark of EC Cubed, Inc. All other names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020