USA: Winebusiness.com Merges with Turrentine Wine Brokerage
Richard Shell, president and CEO of winebusiness.com, and Bill Turrentine, president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, have jointly announced a binding agreement to merge their two companies. The announcement was made as winebusiness.com launched a customized eMarketplace that integrates the efficiencies of e-commerce with the selling and purchasing practices of wineries and wine industry suppliers. "This merger further positions winebusiness.com as the leading business-to-business marketplace for the wine industry and presents opportunities for growth in the dynamic area of international bulk wine and grape sales," said Shell. "The interests of winebusiness.com are closely aligned with those of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, giving the companies the opportunity to work together to combine online tools with superior personal service." "Winebusiness.com holds a long-term view toward investment and success rather than a desire for quick returns," said Turrentine. "The company's executive ranks bring tremendous depth and the winebusiness.com content is unsurpassed. We're looking forward to a seamless blend of advanced technology, great content and personal service." While the Internet presents enormous opportunities for wineries and their suppliers, the merging of the two companies will address those components of the industry that are dependent on relationships of long standing, notably the bulk wine and grape business. Based on 27 years of developing such relationships, Turrentine will bring an invaluable enhancement to the winebusiness.com content with its widely respected ability to provide in-depth information on wine sources geared specifically to the needs of the customer. Turrentine remains president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage and has additionally been named senior vice president, grapes and wine, for winebusiness.com. Turrentine's nine employees will remain with the merged company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review