USA: Winebusiness.com Merges with Turrentine Wine Brokerage
Richard Shell, president and CEO of winebusiness.com, and Bill Turrentine, president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, have jointly announced a binding agreement to merge their two companies. The announcement was made as winebusiness.com launched a customized eMarketplace that integrates the efficiencies of e-commerce with the selling and purchasing practices of wineries and wine industry suppliers. "This merger further positions winebusiness.com as the leading business-to-business marketplace for the wine industry and presents opportunities for growth in the dynamic area of international bulk wine and grape sales," said Shell. "The interests of winebusiness.com are closely aligned with those of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, giving the companies the opportunity to work together to combine online tools with superior personal service." "Winebusiness.com holds a long-term view toward investment and success rather than a desire for quick returns," said Turrentine. "The company's executive ranks bring tremendous depth and the winebusiness.com content is unsurpassed. We're looking forward to a seamless blend of advanced technology, great content and personal service." While the Internet presents enormous opportunities for wineries and their suppliers, the merging of the two companies will address those components of the industry that are dependent on relationships of long standing, notably the bulk wine and grape business. Based on 27 years of developing such relationships, Turrentine will bring an invaluable enhancement to the winebusiness.com content with its widely respected ability to provide in-depth information on wine sources geared specifically to the needs of the customer. Turrentine remains president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage and has additionally been named senior vice president, grapes and wine, for winebusiness.com. Turrentine's nine employees will remain with the merged company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends