USA: Winebusiness.com Merges with Turrentine Wine Brokerage
Richard Shell, president and CEO of winebusiness.com, and Bill Turrentine, president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, have jointly announced a binding agreement to merge their two companies. The announcement was made as winebusiness.com launched a customized eMarketplace that integrates the efficiencies of e-commerce with the selling and purchasing practices of wineries and wine industry suppliers. "This merger further positions winebusiness.com as the leading business-to-business marketplace for the wine industry and presents opportunities for growth in the dynamic area of international bulk wine and grape sales," said Shell. "The interests of winebusiness.com are closely aligned with those of Turrentine Wine Brokerage, giving the companies the opportunity to work together to combine online tools with superior personal service." "Winebusiness.com holds a long-term view toward investment and success rather than a desire for quick returns," said Turrentine. "The company's executive ranks bring tremendous depth and the winebusiness.com content is unsurpassed. We're looking forward to a seamless blend of advanced technology, great content and personal service." While the Internet presents enormous opportunities for wineries and their suppliers, the merging of the two companies will address those components of the industry that are dependent on relationships of long standing, notably the bulk wine and grape business. Based on 27 years of developing such relationships, Turrentine will bring an invaluable enhancement to the winebusiness.com content with its widely respected ability to provide in-depth information on wine sources geared specifically to the needs of the customer. Turrentine remains president of Turrentine Wine Brokerage and has additionally been named senior vice president, grapes and wine, for winebusiness.com. Turrentine's nine employees will remain with the merged company.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research