USA: Winebusiness.com Appoints VP Sales
Jett brings more than 18 years of sales and business management experience to Winebusiness.com. He has been a member of the Management Committee and vice president of sales for Luna Information Systems, a leading B2B enterprise portal software company. Prior to that Jett was vice president of sales for Proxicom, an international systems integrator and consulting company that is focused on B2B internet development. Jett has also held executive management positions with Eastman Kodak Company, ADT Security Inc., and RDC Networks.
"I embrace this opportunity to work with this well respected group of entrepreneurs," said Jett. "The Winebusiness.com executive team impressed me with the professionalism of their approach to the development of a B2B wine industry portal that respects traditional sales and procurement processes while delivering the efficiencies of an online marketplace."
"Doug is a perfect fit for Winebusiness.com," said Winebusiness.com CEO Richard Shell. "He has a genuine passion for wine and a clear vision of the virtual marketplace. Doug is a powerful addition to the team."
Earlier this year, Winebusiness.com received $7 million in financing from a consortium of wine industry investors. Sabate noted that the expansion of the executive management team, the building of an unparalleled fulfillment system, and the creation of new and expanded international partnerships were the primary focus of company resources at this time.
Founded in 1992 as a trade publication, Winebusiness.com(TM) is already acknowledged as the leading source of worldwide wine industry news and information. Today, Winebusiness.com is the only wine industry B2B portal to merge its formidable publishing experience with the benefits and efficiencies of a virtual private marketplace. With the development of an exclusive series of essential tools and information, Winebusiness.com is poised not only to enrich the financial success of the global wine industry, but also to become the wine world's foremost portal for international content and market analysis. Winebusiness.com is headquartered in Sonoma, California, with offices in San Francisco.
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?