US: Winebow acquires Vintage Wines
Winebow has announced it has acquired Illinois-based importer and distributor Vintage Wines for an undisclosed sum.
The New Jersey-headquartered company, which imports global fine wines and spirits, said yesterday (6 August) the two firms will "combine their efforts" in the state of Illinois. Vintage Wines will retain its name and operate as a subsidiary of Winebow.
“By combining our strengths and resources, we look forward to becoming the leading fine wine distributor in Illinois," said Jon Moramarco, Winebow's president & CEO.
"Combined, we double our sales force and better serve this key market with an impressive portfolio of domestic and international fine wine.”
Jennifer Crowley will oversee the new entity as VP, general manager, leading a team of 80, Winebow said. Dennis Styck, Vintage Wines' founder & chairman, will continue in the role.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO