USA: Wine Without Rules! Beaujolais Nouveau 2000 Uncorks at Live Webcast
The 30-minute Web cast, produced by New York-based Exorbis Studios features star chefs, a Follies Bergeres-style show, a behind-the-scenes look at Beaujolais region and its famous wine and an interview with Georges Duboeuf. "Beaujolais Nouveau is a wine without rules," says the King of Beaujolais. "We say it is a red wine that drinks like a white. It can be served at room temperature or chilled. It goes with almost every food -- though I don't like it with ice cream. It is made seriously, with great care, but it should be drunk with a smile on your face. It truly is a wine without rules."
"I'm excited to be the very first American to taste this year's Beaujolais Nouveau," said Molly Sims. "I'm no wine expert-but then most people aren't -- this is a party in a bottle". Molly will be joined by wine experts David Rosengarten, host of Food Network's "In Food Today" and author of "Taste," Mary Ewing Mulligan and Ed McCarthy, authors of "Wine for Dummies," along with, Ken Chase, who oversees the Delta airline's wine program. Delta will serve the Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2000 on its Lyon-New York flights beginning November 16.
The Web cast is sponsored by Duboeuf's U.S. importers, W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd. and Winesellers, Ltd. and Delta Airlines. "Wine should be fun and accessible," says Bill Deutsch. "And no wine is more fun than Beaujolais Nouveau. It is the spirit of the harvest in a bottle and we thought that a live web cast from France -- showing the festivities surrounding the wine, plus giving a little background and insight into how it's made, would introduce this wine to a whole new audience of 'net surfers."
Yale Sager of Winesellers, Ltd. concurs, "Everybody likes Beaujolais Nouveau -- it's fresh, fruity -- just plain delicious. If you've never tried a red wine before, this is a great place to start. We think this inside look at Beaujolais Nouveau will really illustrate the spirit of this wine -- it just wants to have fun."
When Georges Duboeuf Beaujolais Nouveau 2000 arrives on these shores, it will retail for approximately $8.99 per bottle. Each year, Duboeuf designs a new label for the new wine. The 2000 label sparkles with gold and primary colors. Its abstract design reminds you of a field of summer flowers kissed by the sun.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research