US: Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America boosts communications unit
The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America represents the wholesale tier of the US's wine and spirits industry
The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) has revamped its communications team with the appointment of two new executives.
The trade body, which represents the wholesale tier of the wine and spirits industry in the US, said late yesterday (4 October) that it has recruited Jeffrey Solsby as VP of communications & public affairs and Ashley Durkin as director of communications. The appointments come as part of a “comprehensive strategic review and audit” by the association, which said it will be “implementing a new association communications programme” in the coming weeks.
Solsby joins the WSWA from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform where he was senior communications advisor under Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif). He has also been public affairs director for the American Road & Transportation Builders Association.
Durkin was most recently a new media associate with the Entertainment Software Association, where she managed social media campaigns. Previously, she was a digital media coordinator for the American Beverage Association where she worked on microsite development and communications campaigns.
“WSWA’s new communications & public affairs department team will bring a renewed emphasis to promoting the organisation’s industry-leading events and membership programmes, driving communications on policy issues important to our industry and its family-owned businesses, and implementing advocacy campaigns to support our legislative agenda,” said WSWA's president & CEO, Craig Wolf.
Solsby will report into Wolf, while Durkin will report to Solsby.
The WSWA has 330 member companies across the US.
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends