US: Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America boosts communications unit
The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America represents the wholesale tier of the US's wine and spirits industry
The Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America (WSWA) has revamped its communications team with the appointment of two new executives.
The trade body, which represents the wholesale tier of the wine and spirits industry in the US, said late yesterday (4 October) that it has recruited Jeffrey Solsby as VP of communications & public affairs and Ashley Durkin as director of communications. The appointments come as part of a “comprehensive strategic review and audit” by the association, which said it will be “implementing a new association communications programme” in the coming weeks.
Solsby joins the WSWA from the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform where he was senior communications advisor under Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif). He has also been public affairs director for the American Road & Transportation Builders Association.
Durkin was most recently a new media associate with the Entertainment Software Association, where she managed social media campaigns. Previously, she was a digital media coordinator for the American Beverage Association where she worked on microsite development and communications campaigns.
“WSWA’s new communications & public affairs department team will bring a renewed emphasis to promoting the organisation’s industry-leading events and membership programmes, driving communications on policy issues important to our industry and its family-owned businesses, and implementing advocacy campaigns to support our legislative agenda,” said WSWA's president & CEO, Craig Wolf.
Solsby will report into Wolf, while Durkin will report to Solsby.
The WSWA has 330 member companies across the US.
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director