FRANCE: Wine, spirits exports soar - figures
Record annual exports of French wine and spirits were announced today (20 February) by the Federation des Exportateurs de vins et spiritueux de France (FEVS).
The FEVS said export revenues had leapt almost 13% to EUR8.7bn (US$11.4bn) last year. The federation noted that the value of French wine and spirits exports in 2006 was the equivalent of 147 Airbus planes.
Champagne drove the buoyant exports, with sales up almost 15% to EUR2.1bn. Spirits sales jumped 16.4% to EUR2.6bn, with Cognac accounting for almost half of sales. The FEVS said wine exports rose almost 10% in value terms to EUR3.9bn.
The US was the leading export market for French spirits producers and vintners, with shipments there up 22.2% on 2005.
Exports to China showed the biggest single increase, soaring 44.8% to EUR101m.
Rémy Martin has unveiled its new offering - Coeur de Cognac - with customary Cognaçais pomp. But for Chris Losh, the company's announcement of the launch says as much about the art of Cognac PR as it ...
Liquor auctions have been legalised in New York....
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen its losses widen in what it has described as a year of "transition"....
Radico Khaitan has posted a slight dip in net profit for its latest quarter....
Cognac production will increase 27% this year, according to figures from the Bureau National Interprofessionnel du Cognac (BNIC)....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy lift in first half operating profit....
Pernod Ricard has posted a slight lift in sales for its full-year....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends