GLOBAL: Wine sector gets full-sized PET bottle
PET Engineering has collaborated with US-based Constar International to design and produce full-sized PET wine bottles.
The companies said today (21 January) that the 750-centilitre bottle, which is made from monOxbar monolayer, "recalls the silhouette of a typical bordolese wine bottle: cylinder shape, pronounced shoulder, concave bottom". The PET bottle is closed by an "aluminium cap and a BVS finish totally similar to those now used for screw caps on glass wine bottles," the PET company said.
"The 50-gram bottle, as well as preserving the wine quality, ensures also resistance to axial load during bottling; it was actually designed to be filled on ordinary glass bottle lines and can be blown on any machine, according to client needs," added the company.
As a practical, economical and lightweight packaging medium, polyethylene terephthalate (PET) is without peer and has become widely used by soft drinks producers. But as environmental pressures have g...
In spite of pressure from campaigners over the environmental impact of rising bottled water sales, per capita consumption continues to rise in the UK. And, writes Annette Farr, the recent mains water ...
National Beverage Corp has seen soaring raw material costs hit its fourth quarter and full year net income, despite a rise in sales revenues....
Redux Beverages is to repackage its Cocaine brand. The move comes only months after the product was withdrawn and relaunched following pressure from the Food and Drug Administration (FDA)....
Coca Cola Icecek saw sales volumes rise by 9% to 151 million unit cases from 138 million unit cases in the second quarter of 2007....
Thatchers Cider is re-launching its Old Rascal, one of the brewer's original ciders, in the UK....
Cott Corporation has lined up price increases in the UK due to "escalating input costs"....
White Rocket Wine Company is re-launching its Dog House line of California wines with a new label and support for Guide Dogs for the Blind....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research