FRANCE: Wine revival plan close to the crush
The scheme that was going to give the beleaguered French wine industry the chance to compete on a level playing field with the New World has been seriously stalled after objections to the French government. And many now believe it will be vetoed altogether. Under the scheme, provisionally titled Vins de Cépage de France, producers would have had the opportunity to produce varietal wine by blending grapes from across the country. At present, such a practice can only be used for the lowly Vins de Table, but the new wines would have carried a classification similar to Vin de Pays. This would have allowed them to carry both the vintage and the grape varietal on the label - factors on which the New World has built its success.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research