FRANCE: Wine revival plan close to the crush
The scheme that was going to give the beleaguered French wine industry the chance to compete on a level playing field with the New World has been seriously stalled after objections to the French government. And many now believe it will be vetoed altogether. Under the scheme, provisionally titled Vins de Cépage de France, producers would have had the opportunity to produce varietal wine by blending grapes from across the country. At present, such a practice can only be used for the lowly Vins de Table, but the new wines would have carried a classification similar to Vin de Pays. This would have allowed them to carry both the vintage and the grape varietal on the label - factors on which the New World has built its success.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends