AUSTRALIA: Wine Planet Launches In UK
Wine Planet now offers wine lovers in the United Kingdom a range of close to 5,000 wines from around the world, quality wine advice from highly respected local and Australian writers such as Oz Clarke, Kitty Johnson, Max Allen and Richard Neill, and access to rare and highly sought-after Australian wines. Wine Planet UK has its own UK-wide distribution network, including its own vehicles, providing free freight for all orders over £75.
Wine Planet CEO Mark Mezrani, comments, "This is a fantastic achievement coming barely 16 months after our official launch in Australia in April 1999. It is also a great service for our Australian users who can now easily send wine to their friends and relatives in the UK."
Wineplanet.co.uk has a valuable competitive advantage in terms of experience gained by its Australian parent, bringing close to 3 years experience acquiring, and marketing to, online wine buyers. By comparison most wine-related web sites in the UK are less than 6 months old.
Robert Walters, Wine Planet cofounder, says, "In many ways the UK is the ideal market for Wine Planet. It is one of the world's largest wine markets - some six times larger than the retail wine market in Australia. That, coupled with Internet take-up, will provide Wine Planet with strong growth potential in the UK."
Wine Planet has been assisted in establishing its UK operations by well-known UK negociant Bibendum.
In addition, Wineplanet.co.uk will also be launching an exciting new Ask Oz feature. This comprises more than 5,000 pages of content from the United Kingdom's favourite wine celebrity, Oz Clarke. Oz Clarke is best known for his role on the BBC's Wine & Food television program.
The UK launch follows recent developments on the Australian site, which now offers an Australia-wide Express delivery service, plus the launch of its online food shop which offers more than 300 gourmet food products including pastas, coffee and olive oils. A new accessories shop has also been launched, with a revamped bookshop due shortly. These moves further reinforce Wine Planet's ongoing rollout of its business strategy.
About Wine Planet
Wine Planet is Australia's premier e-tailer. The website regularly appears as the top wine and food site most frequently accessed by Australians, and has now been recognised as the "Best E-Commerce Site" by both the Australian Interactive Multimedia Industry Association (AIMIA) awards and the Australian Financial Review/Telstra Australian Internet Awards. Additionally, the AIMIA awarded Wine Planet its Best of Show award at its November 1999 ceremony.
Wine Planet offers users more than 5,000 wines, 400 spirits and liqueurs and in excess of 300 gourmet food products for immediate purchase. In addition, Wine Planet offers visitors: notes on Australian and New Zealand wineries, wine reviews from Australia's leading wine writers, regular articles from Editor Max Allen, recipes from Maggie Beer, an international discussion group, the groundbreaking WineTV and much more. With highly advanced search mechanisms, national distribution, free delivery to most capital cities, reduced freight to regional Australia, very keen pricing and unheard of range and service standards, www.wineplanet.com.au has changed the face of wine buying forever.
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China