AUS: Wine Industry - There may be trouble ahead
Australia's peak industry organisation, the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation, has given its sharpest warning yet of tough times ahead for the country's wine industry.
Speaking to an industry audience earlier this week, chief executive Sam Tolley said that they were confronted by the toughest challenges in over a decade.
"While we remain the hunters, we are now also the hunted," Tolley said of the competitive new home and export environment. However, he tempered his strictures saying: "We've had 10 amazing years of growth and success.
"While they may not be repeated, everything points to the next ten years being another positive decade."
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review