AUSTRALIA: Wine industry suffers "decline since 1997"
Despite the current acquisition frenzy, the financial performance of the Australian wine industry has declined considerably since 1997, according to the Winemakers Federation Of Australia. This was the conclusion of an analysis for the WFA, using unpublished data from the Australian Bureau of Statistics and undertaken by Deloitte. "Profits have fallen, shareholders' equity in the industry was replaced by an increase in long term debt, liquidity fell substantially and the cost of sales increased," it said.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman