AUSTRALIA: Wine industry pushes for tax cut
A dispute between the Australian government and the country's brewers over beer excise may have ended amicably, but a row is now brewing between the government and more than 1,000 of the country's wine companies. The Winemakers Federation of Australia (WFA) wants to see a cut in wine equalisation tax from 29% to 24.5%.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group