CHINA: Wine group Wuliangye posts rising profits
Chinese wine producer Wuliangye Yibin Co. has posted a leap in third-quarter profits, according to local reports.
The company, based in China's south-western Sichuan province, saw net profit leap 10.6% to CNY199.8m (US$25.2m) thanks to higher selling prices.
Revenues rose 34.5% to CNY1.6bn, according to a report from the AFX Asia news agency today (18 October).
Wuliangye is understood to be looking to become one of China's top three domestic wine producers.
Wine consumption is on the rise in China and elsewhere in Asia. Wine show organisers Vinexpo have predicted that wine consumption is to leap 16% between 2003 and 2008 to 767m litres.
Despite being only a few days into 2007, attention is already turning towards the summer and the exhibition season. Earlier this month, the team that organises the biennial Bordeaux extravaganza Vinex...
Trade shows are so much part of the fabric of the wine business that it is hard to imagine life without them. But Richard Woodard asks if the industry can support such a large number of international ...
China and Russia are set to break into the top ten of light wine consuming countries by 2010, according to research from wine trade fair Vinexpo....
New Zealand's wine trade association has snubbed the Vinexpo trade fair for the second show running....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages