CHINA: Wine group denies Diageo talks
A second beverage alcohol firm in China has moved to deny reports that it is in talks to sell a stake in the company to Diageo.
Gansu Huangtai Wine-Marketing Industry Co. told the Shenzhen Stock Exchange that it has not held talks with Diageo, despite reports in China claiming the two companies are in negotiations.
Diageo declined to comment on what it called "market speculation".
Last month, Chinese spirits group Sichuan Swellfun Co. denied it was in sales talks with Diageo - but said it was in discussions with the UK drinks giant over "business co-operation".
Just-drinks understands that Diageo has held low-level talks with a number of domestic Chinese spirits groups on the prospect of possible co-operation, though nothing concrete has been finalised at this stage.
Pernod Ricard has recorded a lift in Q3 sales, thanks in part to a strong performance during the Chinese New Year....
Diageo has blended the most expensive Crown Royal whisky ever....
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
The head of sponsorship at Coca-Cola has left to join Diageo as global sponsorship director....
Stolichnaya has lined up a cinema advertising campaign in the UK as part of a fresh global push for the vodka brand....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu has launched a competition online, hosted by YouTube.com, to promote its new tropical banana flavoured drink....
Diageo Great Britain is rolling out its responsible drinking advertising nationally....
Crown Imports has appointed a new director of business information to the group....
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research