ROMANIA: Wine exports up in 2001
Romanian wine exports reached 394,725 hls in 2001, against 253,510 hls in 2000. The principal export markets were Germany, the UK, Japan, Russia, Finland and Canada. Bottled exports account for 30% to 40% of total Romanian wine exports. The country's total wine output in 2001 was 5.1 million hls.
Red wine production in Romania is set to increase under a plan launched by the Romanian Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (MAAP). It is looking to boost red wine production to 50% of the total compared with the current 31%.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report