ROMANIA: Wine exports up in 2001
Romanian wine exports reached 394,725 hls in 2001, against 253,510 hls in 2000. The principal export markets were Germany, the UK, Japan, Russia, Finland and Canada. Bottled exports account for 30% to 40% of total Romanian wine exports. The country's total wine output in 2001 was 5.1 million hls.
Red wine production in Romania is set to increase under a plan launched by the Romanian Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (MAAP). It is looking to boost red wine production to 50% of the total compared with the current 31%.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends