ROMANIA: Wine exports up in 2001
Romanian wine exports reached 394,725 hls in 2001, against 253,510 hls in 2000. The principal export markets were Germany, the UK, Japan, Russia, Finland and Canada. Bottled exports account for 30% to 40% of total Romanian wine exports. The country's total wine output in 2001 was 5.1 million hls.
Red wine production in Romania is set to increase under a plan launched by the Romanian Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Forestry (MAAP). It is looking to boost red wine production to 50% of the total compared with the current 31%.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review