CHILE: Wine exports up 7% in first Q3
Europe remained the main destination for Chilean wine exports. The most important markets were Germany (US$7.9m), the UK (US$6.4m) and Denmark (US$5.9m).
Asia replaced North America as the second most important export market, with sales to the US falling 4% year-on-year.
Although the balance of the figures was positive, wine exporters' association Chilevid noted that the average per litre price of Chilean wine fell year-on-year from US$1.72 to US$1.68.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions