SPAIN: Wine exports up 4.7% in first half
Total exports reached €791.6m (US$919.8m) according to figures from the Spanish wine federation FEV, quoted in the country's press.
In volume terms, 704.7m litres were exported, up 21.6% on the first half last year..
Appellation of origin wines registered a 2.27% increase in volumes, although value remained unchanged. Table wine exports were up 36.5% in quantity and 26% in value, while bulk wines increased 53.8% in quantity and by 54.7% in value.
The FEV said that the average price per litre fell 13.8% to €1.12
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World