GERMANY: Wine exports leap despite UK dip
German wine exports leapt 10% in volume terms in 2006 despite a fall in sales in the UK, the largest market for German wines. Shipments of wine from Germany reached 290m hectolitres last year, according to figures from the German Wine Institute (DWI). In value terms, exports were up 18% to EUR561m (US$748m).
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Tequila set for export boost after record 2014
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- India's Kerala state to ease alcohol restrictions
- Crimson Wine Group appoints new CEO