ITALY: Wine exports fall in 2003
Italian wine exports are on the decrease. Figures released today by the Italian agriculture statistics agency ISMEA show a drop in exports by 17% year-on-year to 9.5m hectolitres in the first nine months of 2003.
Exports of Italian wine to Germany fell by 17% year-on-year, while exports to the US decreased by 6.5%.
Italy registered a deficit in wine trade with Spain of €14m (US$17.4m) between January and September last year compared to a surplus of €50m at the end of the 1990s, according to ISMEA's figures.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report