ARGENTINA: Wine exports continue climb in 2007 - figures
Wine exports from Argentina in the first 11 months of 2007 registered a healthy lift on a year earlier, according to recent figures.
A report from the National Institute of Statistics and Census of Argentina (INDEC) yesterday (2 January) said that exports of wine from the country between January and November hit US$496m, a rise of $111m on the same period in 2006.
Exports to the US and Brazil, two of Argentina's main markets, leapt by 40% year-on-year, the institute said. The five largest exporters were Penaflor, Esmeralda, Trivento, La Agricola and Norton.
Since 2003, wine exports have risen by an average of 30%, with wine companies in the country targeting exports of $900m by 2010.
Last year, the Corporacion Vitivinicola Argentina forecast that wine exports in 2007 would break the $400m barrier, based on a 37% climb in exports for the first seven months of the year.
Argentina is the fifth largest wine producing country in the world.
Having seen Chile blaze a trail in export markets, Argentina is now asserting itself in the international wine market. Moreover, writes Chris Losh, while Argentina boasts many of the same positive att...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review