AUSTRALIA: Wine export council appoints new GM
In its second phase of restructuring this year, Australia's Wine Export Council (AWEC) has announced that it has appointed Jonathon Scott as general manager.
"The appointment is an important step in the process of restructuring AWEC to enable it to fully meet the expanding needs of Australian wine exporters," said David Brownhill, chairman of both the AWEC and the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation (AWBC).
"The first stage of the restructure was the formation of a new council structure consisting of ten members meeting bi-monthly compared to the previous council of 18, which met only twice a year," Brownhill continued.
Scott, who previously held the position of executive manager of AWEC has worked in international trade since 1977, serving as Australian Trade Commissioner in Beijing (1983-1985) and the Australian Trade Commissioner to London (1985-1989).
The next stage of the restructure according to Sam Tolley, AWEC member and AWBC chief executive, will be to set the new strategic direction to respond to what the industry perceives as its marketing priorities of the future.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015