UK: Wine development director leaves Pernod Ricard's UK unit
Adrian Atkinson has been with Pernod Ricard since 2006
The wine development director at Pernod Ricard's UK division is the latest casualty of the company's 'Project Allegro' cost-cutting programme.
Adrian Atkinson has left the company after holding the position for eight years, Pernod UK confirmed today (3 July). It was not immediately clear where Atkinson is heading next.
“Pernod Ricard UK confirms that Adrian Atkinson has left the business following eight years of service as wine development director,” a statement read today. “This is one of a small number of changes within the UK business across the commercial and marketing teams as part of the global Pernod Ricard project to deliver operational efficiency.
We would like to take the opportunity to thank Adrian for his loyal service and commitment to the business and wish him the greatest success for the future.”
Atkinson joined Pernod following the company's joint-acquisition of Allied Domecq with Beam in 2005. Prior to joining Allied in 2004, he was senior wine buyer at Sainsbury's.
Pernod unveiled Project Allegro earlier this year. The programme hopes to save Pernod EUR150m (US$205m) per year over the next three years.
More to follow
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Norway industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
Spirits in Poland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China