UK: Wine critics team up for consumer website
A group of wine critics in the UK have launched a new website offering recommendations to the public.
thewinegang.com, unveiled today (12 September) is headed up by Olly Smith, Tom Cannavan, Anthony Rose, Joanna Simon and Tim Atkin. The five critics have said that the website, which will offer a monthly report of wine reviews, will rank wines out of 100, and will be fully independent.
A free trial membership is available until the end of October, offering full, unrestricted access.
Each month, a summary of tastings will also look at the five best wines of the month, the five best value wines, and the five worst wines of the month.
Annual membership has been set at GBP19.99 per individual, while a corporate trade membership is available to wine businesses for GBP200, allowing multiple employees to access the website.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends