FRANCE: Wine co’s push for Vin de Pays France
French wine producers and traders are for once showing a united front in urging the Government to back a project creating a new appellation of wine: "Vin de Pays de France."
One of the project's initiators is France's Association of Wines and Spirits Producers and Bottlers (AFED), who argue that French wines suffer on the international market because they project an image of complexity, even old-fashionedness. The new appellation would lead to the production of wines which are "easy to understand and more to the consumer's taste".
The sector has been working on the project for the past 3 years and its representatives have held regular meetings with the Ministry of Agriculture. The hope is the government will publish a decree during the course of 2006 ushering in the new appellation.
In this month's Just the Answer, Christian Delpeuch, president of the CIVB (Conseil Interprofessionnel du Vin de Bordeaux), discusses how Bordeaux is tackling over-production and innovating to compete...
French farmers have always been a militant group but the grave difficulties facing wine producers have prompted an escalation in the level of disruption and violence which demonstrating growers have b...
North Lake Wines, part of Constellation Wines US, and the French wine company Baron Philippe de Rothschild SA have announced the appointment of North Lake Wines as the exclusive importer of Mouton Cad...
The French wine harvest this year is forecast to come in below last year's production, according to industry estimates....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages